JTTA Festivals Update 2022
JTTA Festivals Update 2022The JTTA is very pleased to announce another season of Jim Thorpe’s legendary Fall Foliage Festival! We are excited to welcome visitors back to our beloved Fall Festivals here in Jim Thorpe, still popular after 30+ years!
This idyllic Small American Town has long been a favorite destination for visitors throughout the region and across the country. Consistently ranked among the “Top” U.S. Small Towns for Leaf Peeping, Christmas, Outdoor Adventure and Activities, History and our original Victorian Architecture… Jim Thorpe is proud to be the hub for visitors to Carbon County and Northeast Pennsylvania. Our perfect location means we are 2 hours from New York, 90 minutes from Philadelphia… and ‘a tank away’ from our friends across the Mid-Atlantic states!
Jim Thorpe offers year-round charm with our National Historic District, unique eateries and pubs, great shops showcasing goods from hand-mades to gourmet treats to antiques… and famous attractions like the Asa Packer Mansion, Mauch Chunk Museum, The Old Jail and the Lehigh Gorge Scenic Railway [spoiler alert: the 1920’s steam train still burns coal to fire the boiler!!]. The Mauch Chunk Trolley even offer a hop-on / hop-off tour of Jim Thorpe.
- FALL FESTIVAL- [working with CCEDC, PMVB, Boro of JT and Carbon County Commissioners]: - OCT 1 & 2, 8 & 9, 15 & 16, 22 & 23, 2022
- Free Music venues- 4 weekends, 4 stages, throughout the Historic District!
- Unique Food Vendors, with a focus on fresh and local offerings!
- Special other kiosk vendors also selected especially for Fall Foliage!
- Horse and Buggy rides
- Fall Foliage historic train rides!!
We have a special “in” with the powers that be…. And we are forecasting a BEAUTIFUL foliage season here in Jim Thorpe! Looking forward to seeing you soon!
IMPORTANT TRAVEL NOTES:
- Traffic can be heavy entering Jim Thorpe on weekends in October… bring your patience; we recommend arriving early.
- Parking is available at the main Carbon County Lot, Sam Miller Field, Immaculate Conception Church, and various small lots on W. Broadway.
- Parking is also available on-street in some areas of the Historic District. Please note much is by Kiosk- please be sure to pay at the correct kiosk for your zone.
- W. Broadway is by permit only; please note the red signs.
- Carbon County Lot: 1 Susquehanna St, Jim Thorpe, PA 18229
- Immaculate Conception Church: 178 W Broadway, Jim Thorpe, PA 18229
- Sam Miller Field: 122 North Ave, Jim Thorpe, PA 18229
For great information on Jim Thorpe: jimthorpe.org And be sure to download the JIM THORPE APP!!… walking map, music venue, parking information and more!