Jack Frost Mountain Resort to Open This Friday for 50th Anniversary Season Two New Chairlifts Debut
Jack Frost Mountain Resort to Open This Friday for 50th Anniversary Season
Two New Chairlifts Debut This Weekend!
WHAT: Today, Jack Frost Mountain Resort announced that it will open on Friday, December 2, for its 50th anniversary season.
Opening Day Terrain and Activities
- Opening Weekend Terrain: Snowflake, Powderpuff, Easy Rider, Jane’s Lane, ski school learning area, and One Park with 10 features. Please be reminded that limited terrain and early season conditions exist.
- Opening Lift Access: Brand new Pocono and Tobyhanna lifts and D-lift
- Daily Ski and Snowboard Hours of Operation: 9 a.m-4 p.m., Monday-Friday and 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m., Saturday and Sunday
- Opening Day Activities: Opening Day celebrations will include celebratory banner breaks on the new chairlifts, on-site DJ, surprise giveaways throughout the day, and complimentary cookies and cocoa, while supplies last. In addition, JFBB will be collecting non-perishable food donations now through Dec., 11, to benefit Five Loaf House food pantry in Pocono Pines, Pa.
New & Upcoming Enhancements to the Mountain
- This season, Jack Frost and sister resort, Big Boulder, celebrate their 50th and 75th anniversaries, respectively.
- Skiers and snowboarders at Jack Frost will experience three new chairlifts named after beautiful Pocono Mountains waterways – Pocono, Tobyhanna and Paradise. The new Pocono and Tobyhanna lifts will be operating for opening day. Additional enhancements at Jack Frost include renovated and reimagined rental and retail shops and the return of live music and events.
- Big Boulder is slated to open December 16, weather permitting. Two new lifts were installed at Big Boulder- Harmony and Blue Heron. Four new trails were created as a result of the resort’s Epic Lift Upgrade.
- As part of the resorts’ Epic Lift Upgrade, chairs from the old lifts were auctioned off this summer and fall to benefit Lake Harmony Fire Company, Lake Harmony Rescue Squad, Albrightsville Volunteer Fire Department and the Epic Promise Foundation.
Pass & Lift Ticket Information
Epic Pass products, including regional passes and day passes, are still available to purchase for the 2022-23 season at EpicPass.com through Dec. 4! Don’t miss your chance to lock in the best value in skiing and riding today. Guests planning to visit this winter are encouraged to purchase their lift access in advance – whether it is a lift ticket, Epic Day Pass or season pass. Lift tickets will be limited every day, across every resort, during the 2022-23 season in order to preserve the guest experience at each resort. Lift ticket availability will be visible on the lift tickets page of www.jfbb.com. If tickets are sold out online, guests will not be able to purchase them at ticket windows. Passes, including Epic Day Passes, and Pass Holder benefit tickets will not be limited. There is also no impact to guests who enroll in ski and ride school lessons that include lift access, or to employee and dependent pass access.
WHEN: Jack Frost Mountain Resort will open at 9 a.m., Friday, December 2. Regular hours of operation at Jack Frost will be 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Monday through Friday; 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m., Saturday and Sunday; 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m., Christmas Eve and closed Christmas Day.
Big Boulder’s opening will follow in a couple weeks.
WHERE: 434 Jack Frost Mountain Rd, White Haven, PA 18661. For parking and arrival tips, please visit www.jfbb.com.
MORE INFORMATION: Follow Seven Springs for daily updates and real-time information on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Lift and Terrain Status is available online here. Snow and Weather Report is available online here.
Photos for Media Use Available Online Here. For any photos used, please provide credit to Jack Frost Mountain Resort.