Social Services Aide I, Carbon Co. Children & Youth
COUNTY OF CARBON
POST DATE: January 23, 2023
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Until Filled
POSITION: Social Services Aide I DEPARTMENT: Children & Youth
RATE OF PAY: $ hour HOURS WORKED: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday
Applicants need to contact Children & Youth Services
Attn: Audrey Alvarado (570) 325-3644 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on how to apply.
BENEFITS: Highmark BC/BS, Vision, Delta Dental and Life Insurance. (First of the month following sixty (60) calendar days)
County Retirement Plan. Aflac, optional.
Paid time off – Holiday from start. Vacation, Sick, Personal (after completion of six (6) month Initial Employment
OVERALL OBJECTIVE OF JOB: To provide for the safety and protection of children of all ages; children and/or youth and adolescents and families experiencing difficulties; and provide an effort to facilitate growth, behavioral and emotional improvements to those individuals and their families, and to maintain current and accurate documentation and records of clients and services. Work involves scheduling, transporting and escorting clients to medical, dental and other appointments, to foster homes, court hearings and for recreation purposes; providing basic information; contacting clients who fail to keep appointments; assisting clients and/or families with the everyday activities of living, home maintenance and care, distribution and delivery of equipment, clothing and other belongings of clients and supervision of children during office visits and in crisis situations in the home.
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from High School. Must have Valid Driver’s License. Act 33/34 clearance required within one year of employment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF JOB:
Schedules, transports and escorts clients to medical, dental, and other appointments, to foster homes, court hearings or for recreation purposes.
Provides basic information for clients and the community.
Assists clients and/or families with routine daily activities of living, such as home care and management, meal planning, budgeting, child care and training.
Advises technical and professional social service staff or clients' needs and progress in meeting established goals and objectives.
Picks up and delivers equipment, clothing and other belongings of clients, or other materials as required.
Supervises children during office visits and in crisis situations in the homes.
Performs routine clerical duties, such as pick up, delivery and opening of mail; filing; answering the telephone; taking and relaying messages; typing, copying, folding, stuffing and stamping mail and simple posting.
Maintains order of waiting and visiting rooms.
Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Must be able to speak and understand the English language in an understandable manner in order to carry out essential job duties.
2 Must possess effective communication and interpersonal skills.
3. Must possess initiative and problem-solving skills.
4. Must possess ability to function independently, have flexibility and the ability to work effectively with clients, co-workers and others.
5. Must possess ability to maintain confidentiality in regard to client information and records.
6. Must possess ability to operate personal computer and related software, to type and utilize other office equipment and to prepare required reports.
7. Must possess ability to provide structured and unstructured life skills instructions and guidance to clients as needed.
8. Must be able to interact effectively with children and youth, department staff, counselors, attorneys and the courts and other agencies.
9. Must possess the ability to express empathy and understanding to all clients.
10. Must have transportation available for work-related travel.
1. Works indoors in adequate workspace, lighting, temperatures, and ventilation.
2. Works with average indoor exposure to noise, but subject to frequent disruptions and stress.
3. Normal indoor exposure to dust/dirt in office; varies in client’s homes.
4. Periodically works beyond normal work hours or on as-needed basis.
5. Works in conditions of potential outbursts or disruptive behavior of clients.
6. Travels frequently during all seasons and is exposed to outdoor elements, including snow and icy roadways.
1. Must possess the ability to record, convey and present information, explain procedures and follow instructions.
2. Must be able to sit for long periods throughout the workday, with intermittent periods of standing, walking, bending, twisting, reaching and driving as necessary to carry out essential duties of job.
3. Dexterity requirements range from simple to coordinated movements of fingers/hands; feet/legs; torso necessary to carry out duties of job.
4. Sedentary work, with occasional lifting/carrying of objects with a maximum weight of ten pounds and occasionally requires lifting child or objects weighing about 30 to 40 lbs.
5. Must demonstrate emotional stability.
6. Must be able to cope with the physical and mental stress of the position.
7. Must be able to physically and mentally react quickly in the event of a disturbance or physical outbreak.
8. Must be able to pay close attention to details and concentrate on work.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER