• jimthorpe
  • whitewaterrafting
  • biking2
  • lake
  • 591
  • skiing2
  • waterpark
  • deer

JFBB to host “Ski for the Cure” Breast Cancer Awareness Day, February 24, 2018 at Jack Frost Mounta

  • Share:
December 05, 2017
JFBB to host “Ski for the Cure” Breast Cancer Awareness Day,
February 24, 2018 at Jack Frost Mountain, Blakeslee, Pa.
 
 
On Saturday February 24, 2018, JFBB will present the eleventh annual “Ski for the Cure” Breast Cancer Awareness Day at Jack Frost Ski Area, Blakeslee Pa.  The event culminates a month long campaign as February is declared Breast Cancer Awareness month at JFBB.  The event benefits the local Chapter of Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Northeastern Pa. Affiliate (NEPA).  100 % of the net proceeds are donated to the organization. 75% stays local, providing much needed breast health services for medically underserved and uninsured women and men in Northeastern, Pa.  The remaining 25% will fund the Susan G. Komen for the cure National Research Grant Award Program.
 
JFBB is pleased to have donated over $236,000 to the NEPA Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure over the past ten years through our fundraising efforts and as a result have become the second largest fundraising event for the Northeast Pa. Affiliate of Susan G Komen. Jack Frost will donate $2 of each lift ticket sold that day.
 
Our event includes a Pledge Drive Ski-A-Thon, Pink Olympic race gates, Dedication Run, raffle ticket sales, tricky tray and tee shirt sales.
 
Registration begins at 8 am in the main lodge guest services area at Jack Frost for the Pledge Ski-A-Thon and Pink Olympic race gates. We ask skiers/riders/tubers to participate in the Pledge Drive Ski-A-Thon and get donations from friends and family to support them as they ski /ride/tube for the Cure on February 24.    Pledge sheets are available at Jack Frost guest services or on line at jfbb.com/events   (2/24/2018, Ski for the Cure).  Pink Olympic timed race gates are from 9am to 10:30am on the Ridge Run trail for a $5.00 donation. Medal ceremony for the best times takes place at 3:15 pm.  “Pink Olympics” is open to skiers and boarders of all ages.
 
The main event is the Dedication Run at 11:15 am. We gather together for a Dedication Service and Run.  The Dedication Run remembers all those who lost their battle to breast cancer and honors those in treatment and breast cancer survivors.  
 
Raffle tickets, tricky tray and more are available on weekends during the month of February at the donation table located at the Jack Frost guest services area. Drawing takes place on the day of the event February 24.
 
Please join us for Breast Cancer Awareness Day and give your support to help those in our own community as well as finding a cure for breast cancer.   Together we can make a difference.  Don’t forget to wear PINK.
 
For further information please contact Bernie Oldroyd, Chairperson of “Ski for the Cure” at 570 443-8425 X 2671.   Donations can be made payable to “JFBB Ski for the Cure” and mailed to JFBB Ski for the Cure, P.O. Box 1539, Blakeslee, Pa. 18610 or you can donate on line at jfbb.com, shopping cart or log onto events February 24, Ski for the Cure.