Adventure Center at Whitewater Challengers
- Recreation & Tourist Attractions
- Mountain & Trail Biking
- Whitewater Rafting
Whitewater Challengers is a premier whitewater outfitter in Northeast PA and Upstate NY. Offering exhilarating whitewater rafting trips on the Lehigh, Black and Hudson Rivers. Our professionally guided tours are action-packed adventures you don't want to miss.
Whitewater rafting trips is a fun-filled, family activity in the Poconos! Trips are available for children ages 5+ for our Family-Style Rafting. Or try one of our Premier Rafting trips for ages 9+ on exhilarating class 2-3 rapids in the Lehigh Gorge State Park. Pick out a dam release date for some of the most exciting rapids all year.
Whitewater Challengers Lehigh River Adventure Center also offers inflatable kayaking, camping, trail biking, paintball games and more! Come for the day, stay for the night or stay for the week. We offer several adventure packages so you can have multiple days of fun in the Poconos all from our Adventure Center.
It's the most FUN you'll have all year!
Follow the directions from our website for the most accurate driving directions.
Carbon County Hotel Tax Grant
-DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS DECEMBER 30, 2017- CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION
Next Deadlines for Submission are February 28th & September 30th.
Room Tax Allocation Committee (RTAC)
As Authorized by: The Office of the Carbon County Commissioners
The Carbon County Commissioners have delegated to the RTAC certain responsibilities concerning the solicitation, evaluation and recommendation of tourism-related projects to be funded in part by proceeds from the Hotel Room Tax imposed throughout the County.
This Committee has developed and submitted to the Office of the County of Commissioners a protocol that include: general guidelines, guidelines, application criteria and an evaluation procedure.
1. Twice annually, the RTAC will provide releases to the media and place advertisements informing eligible non-profit organizations in Carbon County of the availability of grants for tourism-related projects (that primarily bring tourists into Carbon County and encourage overnight stays) and soliciting their inquiries.
2. The RTAC will provide an application to interested organizations together with a timetable of deadlines for submission.
3. Following each deadline, the RTAC will convene to evaluate all applications that have been received and will record its recommendations for funding.
4.The RTAC will send the report to the Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau, Inc. (PMVB) for final approval per ACT 18.
5. Invoices from vendors for marketing expenditures will be sent directly to PMVB for payment up to the amount approved by the RTAC.
6. Funding recipients will be required to submit a summary of all expenditures and pertinent project information to the RTAC within 12 months of the conclusion of the funded project.
7. PMVB Branding guidelines will be provided. Branding materials should be added to print/digital advertising including, but not limited to, websites, billboards and brochures. Any questions should be directed to Brian Bossuyt, Director of Marketing (PMVB) email@example.com 570-421-5791 x 3120.
8. Upon approval of funding, marketing invoices should be sent to Staci Barkalow, CFO (PMVB) firstname.lastname@example.org for payment.
Please be sure to indicate the organizations name along with your contact information on each marketing invoice.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS DECEMBER 30, 2017.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION