Third Thursday in Jim Thorpe - DOG DAYS OF SUMMER
The Jim Thorpe Tourism Agency and Carbon Chamber & Economic Development Corporation have created a joint promotion to encourage our local residents to come to town to shop, enjoy our attractions and dine in our restaurants.
August 17 | 5-8pm
For more info: https://www.jimthorpe.org/third-thursdays
Hosted by the hosted by thein the main Carbon County Parking lot (5:30-8:00pm). ALL vehicles welcome - classics, antiques, modern, exotic, motorcycles and everything in between.
Please bring these much needed items to help your local shelter:
Dog bones & soft treats, Fraganzia, Pine Sol, bleach, trash bags, paper towels, canned dog food (Purina Moist & Meaty), laundry detergent, heavy duty leashes & collars, dog toys
THIRD THURSDAY SPECIAL RATE
$80.00 per person (that's $20.00 off per person) Ages 13 & up per person.
Call 1-800-WHITEWATER (1-800-844-8392) to make your Third Thursday Moonlight Rafting reservation,
Use promo code:in order to receive the discounted rate
located in Josiah White Park
featuring& Blue Mountain Farm Market
Sponsored by Conjured Soap Boutique & Jim Thorpe Neighborhood Bank
Conjured Soap Boutique
77 Broadway, Douglas House (1st Floor)
Harry Packer Mansion
19 Packer Hill
Open until 8:00pm
Marianne Monteleone Designs
Dimmick Memorial Library
Black Diamond Gallery
31 W Broadway
Sellers Books & Fine Art
Mauch Chunk Ink
Through The Looking Glass
Mauch Chunk Opera House
Big Creek Vineyard
41 Susquehanna Street
Mauch Chunk 5 & 10
Shears2You Organic Hair Salon
44 W Broadway
Down the Rabbit Hole
The Gem Shop
Rosemary Remembrances II
10 Hill Rd on Opera House Square
Jim Thorpe Massage & Wellness
Carbon County Hotel Tax Grant
-DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS DECEMBER 30, 2017- CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION
Next Deadlines for Submission are February 28th & September 30th.
Room Tax Allocation Committee (RTAC)
As Authorized by: The Office of the Carbon County Commissioners
The Carbon County Commissioners have delegated to the RTAC certain responsibilities concerning the solicitation, evaluation and recommendation of tourism-related projects to be funded in part by proceeds from the Hotel Room Tax imposed throughout the County.
This Committee has developed and submitted to the Office of the County of Commissioners a protocol that include: general guidelines, guidelines, application criteria and an evaluation procedure.
1. Twice annually, the RTAC will provide releases to the media and place advertisements informing eligible non-profit organizations in Carbon County of the availability of grants for tourism-related projects (that primarily bring tourists into Carbon County and encourage overnight stays) and soliciting their inquiries.
2. The RTAC will provide an application to interested organizations together with a timetable of deadlines for submission.
3. Following each deadline, the RTAC will convene to evaluate all applications that have been received and will record its recommendations for funding.
4.The RTAC will send the report to the Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau, Inc. (PMVB) for final approval per ACT 18.
5. Invoices from vendors for marketing expenditures will be sent directly to PMVB for payment up to the amount approved by the RTAC.
6. Funding recipients will be required to submit a summary of all expenditures and pertinent project information to the RTAC within 12 months of the conclusion of the funded project.
7. PMVB Branding guidelines will be provided. Branding materials should be added to print/digital advertising including, but not limited to, websites, billboards and brochures. Any questions should be directed to Brian Bossuyt, Director of Marketing (PMVB) email@example.com 570-421-5791 x 3120.
8. Upon approval of funding, marketing invoices should be sent to Staci Barkalow, CFO (PMVB) firstname.lastname@example.org for payment.
Please be sure to indicate the organizations name along with your contact information on each marketing invoice.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS DECEMBER 30, 2017.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION