Big Day Out at Pocono Whitewater
Join us for our most popular specialty trip at Pocono Whitewater! This epic day includes hiking, biking, and rafting! You are certain to get the most out of the Lehigh Gorge State Park and the surrounding area with this trip.
Start your day with a hearty breakfast at the Broken Paddle Bar & Grill. After breakfast, you will embark on your 25 mile bike ride along the famous Lehigh Gorge Rail-Trail. Along this ride, you will encounter old locks and canals, lookouts onto the Lehigh River, and “tunnels” created by bountiful trees. Conclude the biking portion of the trip with lunch on the rocks at Glen Onoko. After filling up, continue your exploration by hiking through an old railroad tunnel and to an overlook of the Lehigh Gorge. Upon returning from your hike, you will hop in a Pocono Whitewater raft and paddle 8 miles of Class I and II rapids on the Mighty Lehigh River. When you are finally finished with your third adventure, you will return to the adventure center for a victory dinner around the bonfire! In addition to the feeling of accomplishment, you will also be awarded your first beer in a Big Day Out Mug on us!
So join Pocono Whitewater for a day of exploration that is sure to go down in the books! Bring your work mates for the ultimate sense of teamwork, communication and unity. For your complete Big Day Out itinerary, click here.
Breakfast: breakfast sandwich, tater tots, beverage.
Lunch: Choice of hoagie(pb&j, veggie, ham, turkey), Chex Mix, cookies, water.
Dinner: Stuffed Shells, mixed veggies, garlic bread, beer/non-alcoholic beverage.
Carbon County Hotel Tax Grant
-DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS DECEMBER 30, 2017- CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION
Next Deadlines for Submission are February 28th & September 30th.
Room Tax Allocation Committee (RTAC)
As Authorized by: The Office of the Carbon County Commissioners
The Carbon County Commissioners have delegated to the RTAC certain responsibilities concerning the solicitation, evaluation and recommendation of tourism-related projects to be funded in part by proceeds from the Hotel Room Tax imposed throughout the County.
This Committee has developed and submitted to the Office of the County of Commissioners a protocol that include: general guidelines, guidelines, application criteria and an evaluation procedure.
1. Twice annually, the RTAC will provide releases to the media and place advertisements informing eligible non-profit organizations in Carbon County of the availability of grants for tourism-related projects (that primarily bring tourists into Carbon County and encourage overnight stays) and soliciting their inquiries.
2. The RTAC will provide an application to interested organizations together with a timetable of deadlines for submission.
3. Following each deadline, the RTAC will convene to evaluate all applications that have been received and will record its recommendations for funding.
4.The RTAC will send the report to the Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau, Inc. (PMVB) for final approval per ACT 18.
5. Invoices from vendors for marketing expenditures will be sent directly to PMVB for payment up to the amount approved by the RTAC.
6. Funding recipients will be required to submit a summary of all expenditures and pertinent project information to the RTAC within 12 months of the conclusion of the funded project.
7. PMVB Branding guidelines will be provided. Branding materials should be added to print/digital advertising including, but not limited to, websites, billboards and brochures. Any questions should be directed to Brian Bossuyt, Director of Marketing (PMVB) email@example.com 570-421-5791 x 3120.
8. Upon approval of funding, marketing invoices should be sent to Staci Barkalow, CFO (PMVB) firstname.lastname@example.org for payment.
Please be sure to indicate the organizations name along with your contact information on each marketing invoice.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS DECEMBER 30, 2017.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION